I recently gave a presentation on SIAM, and produced a slide headed “Common SIAM challenges”. This slide went down really well with the attendees, so I thought I would share more widely.
- SIAM Strategy
- Sourcing, selection, tooling
- SIAM Governance
- How much power is retained and how much is given to service providers?
- Tooling Strategy
- What tools are needed?
- Who owns which tools? (Supplier vs SIAM vs Retained)
- Ticket Synchronisation
- Where the ecosystem partners use their own tools, what is the technical solution, design principles and policies required to ensure successful tool integration?
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Structure, populating and maintaining in a multi-vendor environment
- Event Correlation
- Managing event streams from different vendors
- Developing service dashboards
- Process architecture
- Development of processes that span the supplier eco-system
- How much power to devolve at a day-to-day level?
- Service Catalogue
- How to bring together constituent parts of a service request into a common workflow
- How to interface requests and tasks across multiple systems
To discuss your particular SIAM challenges, do not hesitate to contact Syniad IT. We specialise in the design, build and implementation of IT Service Management (ITSM) and Service Integration and Management (SIAM) solutions, helping organisations to manage complex multi-vendor IT Operating Models.